Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 MIN | Makes: 24 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 link Aurelia's Spanish chorizo sausage (about 2 ounces)
- 24 Medjool dates, pitted
- 12 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
1. Slice the chorizo crosswise in thirds. Halve each piece lengthwise, then cut each half into 4 lengthwise strips to make a total of 24 small sticks.
2. Tuck a chorizo stick into each date and pinch the dates closed. Wrap a strip of bacon around each date and secure with a toothpick.
3. Place the wrapped dates in a large skillet, seam sides down, and sauté, turning, until the bacon is browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.