Easy to make tapas for a party or a perfect snack for the kids! Layers of rich Spanish flavor from the chorizo wrapped inside a crispy potato chip will keep you coming back for more. Smoky, salty, and absolutely addictive!
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package of Aurelia's Chorizo Snack Sticks'
- 1 large russet potato, peeled
- 3 cups Spanish olive oil, for frying
- Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Slice Aurelia's Snack Sticks into 3 equal lengths.
- Fill a mixing bowl with ice cubes and water. Use a mandoline to thinly slice the potato lengthwise, transferring the slices to the bowl as you work. You'll need 12 of the largest slices; reserve the small ones for another use.
- Remove a potato slice from the ice water and pat it dry with a paper towel. Lay it on a clean work surface and place a piece of chorizo in the center. Fold the potato slice over it, like a soft taco shell. Pinch the slice closed around the chorizo, and secure it by threading a toothpick or two through the edges of the potato. Repeat with the remaining potato slices and chorizo.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat to 325 degrees. Working in batches, fry the bundles until the potatoes are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer them to the paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain as you work. Allow the oil temperature to return to 325 degrees between batches.
- Sprinkle the chorizo bundles with a little sea salt.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep them warm until you are ready to serve.
Source: Adapted from Made in Spain: Spanish Dishes for the American Kitchen by José Andrés.