There isn't any Spanish Chorizo in this recipe. But these beautiful deep purple Beauregarde Snow Peas from Row 7 Seeds grown in our own garden, made an absolutely delicious Chinese inspired dinner. We planted the seeds in early February and by mid-April we were rewarded with these vibrant, intense flavored snow peas.
Cook Time: 30 mins | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 small scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Steamed rice, for serving
In a small bowl, whisk the chicken stock with the soy sauce, Chinese chile-garlic sauce and cornstarch.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the ginger matchsticks and stir-fry over moderately high heat until they are softened, about 1 minute. Add the snow peas and stir-fry until crisp-tender and the ginger is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp to the skillet and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Whisk the chile sauce, add it to the skillet and stir-fry until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute longer. Serve with steamed rice.
Source: Food & Wine