There isn't any Spanish Chorizo in this recipe. But these beautiful deep purple Beauregarde Snow Peas from Row 7 Seeds grown in our own garden, made an absolutely delicious Chinese inspired dinner. We planted the seeds in early February and are being rewarded with these vibrant, intense flavored snow peas.
Cook Time: 30 mins | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 small scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Steamed rice, for serving
In a small bowl, whisk the chicken stock with the soy sauce, Chinese chile-garlic sauce and cornstarch.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the ginger matchsticks and stir-fry over moderately high heat until they are softened, about 1 minute. Add the snow peas and stir-fry until crisp-tender and the ginger is beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp to the skillet and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Whisk the chile sauce, add it to the skillet and stir-fry until the shrimp are opaque throughout and the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute longer. Serve with steamed rice.
Source: Food & Wine