A sweet, smokey dish with caramelized brussels sprouts and Aurelia's Besitos—our mini cooking chorizos.
Cook Time: 20 mins | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons HEB Chef’s Basting Oil
- 1 very large shallot, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons La Chinata Smoked Paprika
- 6 links Aurelia’s Besitos Chorizo, halved and thinly sliced
- 16 oz. fresh brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- ½ teaspoon Adam’s Reserve Mesquite Smoked Sea Salt
Heat a heavy bottomed sauté pan to medium/medium low and add basting oil, shallots, and smoked paprika. Do not burn! Cook until shallots are very soft and transparent, stirring frequently. Add chorizo and brussel sprouts. Cook and stir occasionally until sprouts are lightly browned and tender. Add Mesquite smoked salt and stir. If necessary, adjust to taste with additional plain sea salt and pepper.
Source: Adapted from HEB Cooking Connections & Goodtaste.tv