Photo: Petrina Tinslay Photography
Tomatoes and Chorizo are complimentary flavors in this tasty salad served with crispy bread slices to sop up all the extra juices.
Cook Time: 25 mins | Serves: 4 | Difficulty: Easy
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Aurelia's chorizo sausages, sliced
- 9 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- Crusty bread
Heat a touch of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, and saute the chorizo for 5 minutes or until crisp. Tip the sausage into a serving bowl with the tomatoes and red onion. Whisk the remaining olive oil with the sherry vinegar to make a dressing. Pour the emulsion over the sausage and tomatoes and toss well. Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon juice. Serve the salad with bread that is crispy enough to sop up all the juices.